Principal Investigators (PI) and Authorized Users (AU) Must

  1. Enroll the new lab member under your permit through EHSA Web
  2. Register for the next available Laboratory Safety Training and if required, Basic Radiation courses (call 7-4712) and
  3. Complete all forms described below:


Minors, including volunteers, are required to obtain a Washington, D.C. work permit.  For information on work permits and Non-GU Students, visit this Human Resources page.

Georgetown University policy and District of Columbia regulations require minors receive written Parental Consent prior to participating in any research activity. Please remember to indicate which hazardous materials are present in your laboratory prior to providing the form to the minor for parental consent. A copy of the completed form (with parental signature), must be forwarded to both EH&S and Human Resources. A package with all applicable forms is provided here Minors and Visiting Students Package.


If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EH&S at 7-4712.




Return to Home Page