Proposal Clearance Instructions
Procedures for Submitting Proposals
The Office of Sponsored Programs electronic proposal transmittal form should be completed and submitted. Paper copies of the proposal transmittal form will also be accepted. Click "how to" for a Powerpoint presentation on how to navigate the new electronic system, including the process outlined below for signatory approvals/clearance of proposals.
Campus Clearance Procedure for Proposals
Approvals of the individuals below must be obtained before the Office of Sponsored Programs can endorse a proposal on behalf of the University.
- Principal Investigator
- Department Chair
- Relevant College Dean
- Dr. James Reardon-Anderson, Senior Associate Dean, School of Foreign Service, (if PI is a School of Foreign Service faculty or member of a Programmatic Unit)
- Dr. Richard J. Cronin, J.D., Associate Dean for Administration, Georgetown College, 7-4043 (if PI is a faculty in the College)
- Dr. Chester Gillis, Dean, Georgetown College, 7-4259 (if PI is a faculty in the College)
- Dr. Pietra Rivoli, McDonough School of Business, 7-2908
- Dr. Walter Rankin, School of Continuing Studies, 7-8700
- Dr. Gerald Mara, Dean, Graduate School, 7-5604
*When a PI is submitting a proposal to a corporation or foundation, he or she should contact the Office of Foundation Relations in the Office of Advancement at 7-5504 for clearance.
*If the proposal contains cost sharing, the proposal transmittal must be approved by the senior business manager of the relevant school. The senior business managers are as follows:
- Georgetown College - Richard J. Cronin, J.D., 7-4043
- School of Foreign Service - Susan C. Lim, 7-1990
- Provost Office - Heather Malneritch, 7-0250
- Graduate School - Sheila McMullan, 7-3514
- School of Business - Linn Deavers, 7-3431
- School of Continuing Studies - Laurie Jarema, 7-4524
After the relevant signatories have approved the proposal, it is routed to OSP for final review and signature. The original fully signed proposal is returned to the principal investigator for duplicating and submission to the sponsor in accordance with the directions provided by the sponsor. OSP requires one full copy of the final proposal for the official University file.