Discussion Section Attendance Policy for Prof. Blattner's Intro to Philosophy
Discussion section attendance is mandatory. In order to enforce this,.
If you miss a discussion section for a legitimate reason, contact your discussion leader. If you know in advance that you will have to miss a section, contact your section leader in advance.
Which excuses are legitimate?
- Medical excuses
- Family emergencies
- Weddings and other important family ceremonies
- Travel away from campus with a sports team
- Travel away from campus for another academic reason, including dramatic and music performances, debate, model UN's, etc.
- Others, as per my discretion.
Which excuses are not legitimate?
- Sports team practices — if a team's practice schedule conflicts with your discussion section, you must either switch sections or drop the course.
- Job interviews
- Lots of work for other courses
- Vacation travel